On the shoreline of Lake Champlain, overlooking the Adirondack Mountains, we will gather as the geese begin their trek south to explore the paradoxes of autumn: harvest and seeds, darkness and light, hunkering in and heading for warmth... During this time of transition , we invite you to bring your questions and quandaries to the water's edge as the trees ignite with color and the days shorten. Come explore the dance of both letting go and the letting in the beauty and clarity of autumn in a Circle of Trust - "where people can find safe space to nurture personal and professional integrity and the courage to act on it."
A Circle of Trust is an offering of the Center for Courage & Renewal, based on the work of Parker Palmer, a remarkable teacher and author (A Hidden Wholeness, Let Your Life Speak, The Courage to Teach). This retreat is facilitated by two nationally trained C&R facilitators who are committed to the intention of reconnecting who we are with what we do.The retreat will provide:
- Space to nurture personal and professional integrity and the courage to act on it
- Seasonal reflections to tap into your inner wisdom in the fertile darkness of winter
- Opportunities to develop receptive listening practices to expand your inner capacity to lead a more authentic, meaningful & engaged life
- Whole group, small group, and individual time to build connection with ourselves & others.
- Practices to explore soul & role in light of our professional and personal lives
- An opportunity to bring life questions to a Quaker style Clearness Committee
Facilitated by Holly Wilkinson & Tara Reynolds
Holly: Executive Director of WholeHeart, Holly brings a love of imagery and expression to create safe space for community circles. She is a certified facilitator of Courage & Renewal and SoulCollage® and brings integrity, courage & gentle attention to her work and life. Taking time for creativity and the natural world are practices that offer Holly balance and perspective. email@example.com.
Tara: Program and Development Director of WholeHeart, Tara is a graduate of the Vermont Leadership Institute and a Courage & Renewal facilitator. She is a community organizer with a passion for building trust in relationships and organizations. She finds joy in the wisdom of children, the beauty of the natural world, and the power of a good open and honest question. Tara lives with a 7-year-old spiritual teacher and guru named Nadia, who also happens to be her daughter. firstname.lastname@example.org.